Thursday, June 19, 2008

15. ONE WEEK BEFORE THE SHOWS IN JAPAN


Dear Japanese friends

It's one week before the shows in Tokyo.

The excitement is growing, and We hope to share the same excitement with you, and naturally we would like to see you there.

Esagono and I will be happy to meet you and talk to you after the show, of course, as playing in your country has something special (believe me it's not something I'm saying to you right now and I could say in next country I go and so on)
I'm often saying to other musicians and friends what it is and that's I like so much the "picture" of the musicians playing to a Japanese audience. And obviously when I'm within those musicians or I am the musician... wow!!!

Basically I like the "space" of that night.

I like the concentration of the audience, I like that "beautiful silence" before the start and between the tunes, I like your presence, your intensity of attention to the music that invites to abound in expression, in details, as well as to amount in emotion,

In the best night a performer really fell, in a certain sense the weight of the audience's feelings in every note and the intensity of the vibrations in the air, not just sound vibrations, increase and increase.

I like to thank Naoju Nakamura who made it possible, He introduced arti & mestieri's first concert in Japan, at Club Citta', he made us beautiful photos on those 2 nights, he invited, at STB 139 my trio,
C3, with Furio Chirico and Roberto Cassetta, he visited us in Italy to know each band of Turin Jazz Rock School, he wanted to know more and more about our "family" that's Turin Jazz rock School, he wanted to know personally each member of each band, to stay and talk with them, to make photos (tons of photos) to interview them, in a sentence he really wanted to penetrate deeply our world to better understanding it. Definitely he's a man with tons of passion.

Now I want to tell you something:
We all know music is business too, and business can help musicians to make his dreams become real, and that happens...sometimes!

Sometimes in the music business we find authentic merchants, not thinking too much about expanding creative chances for the artists.,,, but thinking how to expand the dimension of their pocket to have the right amount of space to get all the potential money from the artists, sometimes in not so "clean" ways, often with promises that will be forgotten soon and forgetting honesty towards artists and honest producers very, very, very easily.

Arti & mestieri and relative producer(s) to make an example have been suffering because of these circumstances in the past and ... in the recent past. I mean our great work, our clear intentions, our 1000 % honesty has found ...."different" behaviors on the other side!!

I could tell you more about this,,, but now I want to get out of this sad side of the music world, so let's give our attention to more clean aspects of the scene, and I want to say how much instead, I appreciate people who really share with musician the same kind of passion, who 're living in the same wavelength of emotion, puttin' music and art before money, sometimes risking because of this behavior.

What can a musician say when he meets a being like this one? He can just say thanks, and so thank you Naoju, for working for music with "the music and musicians" in mind before everything else.

I'd like to thanks also Yayoi for the work on this web site.

I want to thank all people who are promoting our concerts givin' more value to our journey to your country.

I can assure one thing or, better, two things:

1. I'll give you my best

2. Esagono will give you its best

In my opinion it couldn't be different knowing the whole "film" before the show, knowing the persons.

All the artistic work behind these concerts, all the organization behind it, all the investments of money to make it happen, in one sentence all the EFFORTS (and I write it in capital letters) really ask for that, and we, happy, grateful, excited, we will give you our best, sharing our emotions with you, making 2 unforgettable nights WITH YOU!!! These are our goals!!!

So till next week (during next week and after )

stay happy,

from my heart,

Beppe

PS but I'll be back tomorrow with next chapter of my Blog, dedicated to TURIN JAZZ ROCK SCHOOL

No comments: