Friday, May 30, 2008

2. MY NEW JAPANESE ADVENTURE

Hello, my Japanese friends!

And so at the end of next month,
I’m back on Japan.

I’ve been in Japan in 2005 with arti & mestieri
at Club Citta’ where we have been recording “First live in japan”
(Prog Citta’ Records – PCCD 1001 (NKCD 3992).
You know, in the seventies we were one of the first Italian groups that
had an album that been published, in Japan (“Tilt”, our first album reached your country with “Pioneer”)
Since those years we had this dream of playing in japan, so really,
“arti & mestieri” and me are grateful to everyone that contributed to make a
a long time dream to become real, as Nobu Maruyama, Amy Ida, Shin Katayama, Toru Yamamuro, Tom Tao and all the staff at Club Citta’, not forgetting D&D’s Iaia De Capitani and Moon June’s Leonardo Pavkovic.

After that exciting first trip, I’ve been back with my trio, “C3” with arti & mestieri’s Furio Chirico and Roberto Cassetta at STB 139.

On June 26 ad 27 I’ll be back at STB 139 for a piano solo concert, this time, followed by a performance of Esagono, one of the most appreciated artists in Electromantic Music’s family, in “Turin jazz rock School” catalogue.

I’m back in Japan, thanks to Naoju Nakamura, that takes care of of STB139, that already organized “C3” performances there and that appears also on “First Live in Japan”, with his great photos, and as you hear at the beginning of the first DVD, “Il Guardarti” on arti & mestieri’s big box, “33” he introduced the band, the first night at Club Citta’.
Naoju takes also care, in Japan, Electromantic music’s jazz-rock catalogue, named “Turin Jazz rock School”.
BEPPE AT STB 139, 2007, photo by Naoju Nakamura

And so I’ll back in Japan, in Tokyo and at the STB 139!
I love the space, the atmosphere of STB 139, I love being on “that scene”!
When I was there, in 2006, in the afternoon, before the gig, while waiting to be interviewed by Nakanishi Nobuhisa, for “Euro-Rock Press”, I was sitting at the Yamaha grand piano that was there, it was a rainy day and I composed a tune called “A rainy day in Roppongi”.

On june 26 and 27 I will introduce my new solo album, a piano solo CD, called “Pianovagando”.

In next days I will talk more about this CD and my performance.
I’ll be followed by “Esagono” that in this year celebrate their 30th birthday.
In 1978 their were the first Italian band that created an indipendent label,
called MU, they will present their new CD, “Apocalypso” and on the stage with
them you’ll se Massimo Camarca on bass, one of the most famous bass player, in Italy,
that you can see every week on Italian national TV, RAI 1.

Massimo is also the leader of another band in “Turin Jazz rock School”, that’s “Blue Indigo”.
He’s part of “Chirico Camarca Project” and he’s the main bass player in my next solo Hammond CD “Soulful Traffic” that will be out later this year.

Esagono will be introducing their new Cd, “Apocalypso”, a new CD after their first one “Vicolo”, in 1978 (that was followed last year by a live CD “Due”, with 70’s live and studio tracks).
In next days I will talk again about Esagono as well.

So Esagono and I are coming to japan, for this new adventure, with excitement
and with bags full of our emotions, waiting to be shared with you!

PS Dear friends, come back tomorrow, in this Blog,
with a new exciting chapter, titled “JAZZ ROCK” ,
in which I’ll be talking about jazz rock, its roots and its evolution.

See you then,
in the meantime,
Stay happy my friend,

Beppe


P.S. if you want to communicate directly with me, please send your e-mail to
beppe@beppecrovella.com

You can find me in these sites:

www.beppecrovella.com
www.electromantic.com
www.artiemestieri.org
www.aem33.com
www.c3trio.com
www.turinjazzrockschool.com

www.myspace.com/beppecrovella
www.myspace.com/artimestieri33

No comments: