Thursday, May 29, 2008

1. INTRO: ME, MUSIC, MY MUSIC AND JAPAN


Hello, Japanese friends.
I’m happy to start today my Japanese Blog.
It’s a Blog that’s been created just for you, my friends.

In this Blog I’ll talk about music, my music, arti & mestieri, Electromantic music, Turin Jazz Rock School, Jazz rock, progressive and more.

Sincerely I like your country and as I’m an artist
I really love your attitude toward arts and music.

After having been and having played in Japan, I’ve had a lot of interviews in Italy and all around the world, with magazines, radio and Tv.
In almost every one of them I talk very positively about Japan, my Japan concerts Japanese people and the Japanese impressions on my music.

I’m talking now about your concentration, your great attention towards music that shows a great respect for the artist, as this sincere admiration is a strong acknowledgment to an artwork.

I can say that when an artist is in front of a Japanese audience when Japanese fans listen to our music, we find what can be defined as the right attitude towards music.

I’ll tell you what I mean: in these days we find there’s a lot of music “on the air”;
there’s never been more music around us, in every previous decades, and in the past, in general, on this planet.
The missing factor, most of the time, is the right attention and concentration that music needs to give its full potential.
When I’ve been performing in Japan or just talking with Japanese friends, in the Japanese e-mails I get, I see, I perceive the depth of your interest, that’s definitely missing in other parts of the world.

I can say that in the 70’s Italy was really a reference point for the art and for the music of that time.
Absolutely!
In those years in well known English magazines, like “Melody Maker” of “New Musical Express” or “Sounds”, you found groups like “Gentle Giant” showing their love of Italy, as they said they played in clubs in England and in big stadium full of enthusiastic people that just loved, loved so much their music when they came to Italy, more artists said that the best place to go was Italy and in the 70’s we had Van Der Graaf Generator at number one in Hit parade... it seems like being on another Galaxy!

Now, in my opinion, I see Japan as a reference point for great art and music, really!
what Italy was for creative music in the 70’s, Japan is in this new Century.

So, I like your attitude towards music, please do me a favour, don’t change it!!!
That’s one of the many reasons that make me say: “I love you, Japan!”

Beppe Crovella


P.S. Dear friends, come back tomorrow, in this Blog, titled
“My NEW JAPANESE ADVENTURE”
in which I’ll talk about my next solo concerts (on the same stage as Esagono) at STB 139 on June 26 and 27,
thanks to my good friend Naoju Nakamura, with whom I share a great enthusiasm for creative and innovative music,
Till tomorrow, stay happy,
Beppe

*********************************************
こんにちは、日本の皆さん。
今日から、日本向けのブログを始めることが出来て嬉しいです。
そう、日本の皆さんだけのブログです。

このブログでは、一般ミュージックや、僕のミュージック、arti & mestieri、Electoromantic music、Turin Jazz Rock School、ジャズロック、プログレなどについて話していこうと思う。

僕は、心から皆さんの国が好きです。僕自身アーティストであるので、芸術と音楽に対する皆さんの態度は本当に好きです。

日本に行ってプレイした後、イタリアを含め世界中の雑誌やラジオ局、テレビのインタビューを受けたけど、断然に日本のこと、僕のコンサートのこと、日本の人たち、そして、僕のミュージックにおいての彼らの印象について、ポジティブに話すよ。

今度は、みなさんの「集中力」についてだけど、みなさんの音楽に対する熱心さは、アーティストに対するすばらしい敬意を示しています。

日本の観客の前で、アーティストが演奏するときとか、僕たちのミュージックを聴くとき、これが、音楽に対する適切な姿勢だと定義できるのかもしれない。

つまり、ここ最近沢山のミュージックが「放送されている」けど、過去数十年前は、こんなにより多くのミュージックがあったわけではない。
今の現状でなくなった要素といえば、殆どが、音楽が最大限の可能性を与えるために必要とする適切な注目と集中力でしょう。
僕が、日本で演奏しているときや、日本の友達とただ話しているとき、日本からのEメールを受けたときに、世界の他の地域では確実に失われている「興味深さ」に気づくんだ。

70年代のイタリアは、その時の芸術と音楽の基準点であったと言うことが出来る。その通り!
その当時には良く知られているイギリスの雑誌「New Musical Express」の「Melody Maker」や、「Sounds」にも取り上げられてるけど、イギリスのクラブや大きなスタジアムで演奏する「Gelntle Giant」なんかのグループは、イタリアに来ると、イタリアをとっても好んでいるよ。多くのアーティストが、イタリアに行くのが一番だと言っていたし、70年代のイタリアは、イギリスのプログレッシブ・ロックバンドのVan Der Graaf Generatorが大ヒットしていた・・・何だか違う宇宙にいるような感じだったね。

今や、僕が思うに、日本がすばらしい芸術や音楽の参照点だと見ているよ。
70年代のクリエイティブな音楽がイタリアなら、今世紀は日本だね!

みなさんのその音楽に対する姿勢はすばらしい。 だから変えないで欲しい。
これも日本が大好きな1つの理由だからね。

Beppe Crovella

追伸:日本の友達へ、明日またブログを見てください!
今度は、僕のソロコンサート(6月の日本公演と同じ活動)について話すよ。
クリエイティブで革新的音楽を共に共有し合える友、中村尚樹に感謝しているよ。それでは、明日!
Beppe

1 comment:

mamipepper♪ said...

Hi! Beppe! I'm Mami☆

I'm glad to hear you love Japan. and I keep having The feeling of loving music earnestly from the bottom of its heart(o^-')b